I have now been here for 2 1/2 weeks. I thought it was time for me to start my Olympic Blog. This way I can let you all know what I am up to and how I'm surviving! :)
Actually, I have been working every day since I arrived Saturday, 9-November! Kind of crazy. I'm looking to take this weekend off, before the rest of our troops arrive. My main focus since I've been here has been to get the Today Show foundation built so that we can install their temporary studio next week! (You will all have to watch the Today Show come February 2014)!! You will see the fruits of my labor!
I am living in a Hotel (many of you have probably seen my daily Instagram or Hipstamatic photo postings on either twitter or Facebook), which is obviously different than having my own apartment. I have made friends with the restaurant wait staff. And for breakfast, they have a fabulous buffet that includes made to order eggs. Well, this one woman now knows my order: 4 egg whites, peppers, mushrooms & tomatoes! :)
I have also been given a car to share with a colleague (it is pictured here on my blog). The locals told me to drive cautiously aggressive. So, I have obliged. My one colleague who rode with me last week, said I fit right in!
NBC Olympics will be treating us to an American Thanksgiving on Thursday, which they have asked me to coordinate with the hotel. The first menu I received had Pumpkin Soup & Roasted Pumpkin but NO Pumpkin Pie. So, of course, I made the switch so we will have pumpkin pie!!! Our colleagues from across the pond and our locals are excited to take part in our tradition. Hopefully, the Russians know how to cook Turkey!
Hopefully, this gives you a brief update of what I have been doing for the past 2 1/2 weeks.
Miss you all!
My colleagues handprint on the Left; mine on the Right (Part of the Today Show foundation)
No comments:
Post a Comment