Saturday, December 7, 2013

Busy, Busy Week!

It has been a long and busy week! We started the installation of the Today Show Studio which is where they will broadcast from during the Olympic games. The weather has been a little bit of everything this week: rain, wind, sun, snow, sleet and sometimes just bitter cold! Last Saturday night, was the first night I have had dinner outside of the hotel...I organized a group to go to this traditional "Caucasian" restaurant (meaning Armenian, Russian, Georgian, and Greek all rolled into one - who knew Caucasian also meant a type of food)!! I was told by one of our locals to order the "Cheesy Bread with egg". This was amazing...it is sort of like a calzone, but they use a semi-sour cheese, baked in the middle of this bread that mimics a boat, they then take it out of the oven, crack an egg on top, place it back in the oven for about 30 seconds. Served on a cutting board where you just start tearing pieces off and mixing the egg on top. It is sooo good!!

Last Sunday was my first day off in 6 weeks or so, I took full advantage. Now that I am feeling comfortable driving in this crazy city, I took two colleagues with me (non-Russian speakers) and we went for a drive into the city of Sochi! Note: The Sochi Olympic games are actually in a small neighboring village called Adler for the city venues and in Rosa Khutor for the mountain venues. Sochi is actually a 40-50 minute drive to the north, along the Black Sea. After missing my turn for the city, noticing we were getting further away from the water, we turned on Yandex (Russian Google Maps) to find our way back to the waterfront. We finally made it! Took an enjoyable 1 1/2 hours walk down the coastline, then through the park, and ended up for a late lunch/early dinner at another Caucasian restaurant, Starry Bizarre. Of course we ordered the cheesy bread! I will be bringing back the recipe!

It is Sunday, and yes, I'm working again. Hopefully, not all day. Hopefully next weekend, I'll venture out for another local experience on Saturday night, and enjoy my Sunday. Until next time! Missing San Diego and you! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment