Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week one in the Books

It's been a great first week here in Sochi! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous. AND, I think we have had more sunshine then during the Summer Olympics in London. There has been plenty thrills of victory and agonies of defeat! The good news, is NBC has sustained good ratings despite being 12 hours ahead of the West Coast / 9 hours ahead of the East so far during this first week. Even with Bob Costas down, Matt Lauer and Meredith Viera filling in very nicely.

I am now at Hockey after spending time pre Olympics at Opening Ceremony. As I have mentioned several times, when asked what I do...one of my answers is I'm an Adult Babysitter.  Well, this time I have a group of Interns that I definetely feel like I'm their Den Mother. Many of these interns were "political" hires...meaning one kid is Dan Patrick's son (of the Dan Patrick Show and Host of Sunday Night Football Studio Show); two other kids are family Friends of Steve Burk's (CEO / President of NBC Universal. It has been quite fun listening to their nightly adventures. :)

The US vs Russia Hockey game yesterday was amazing, what a win! I'm sure you have seen some of my pictures of the Bolshoy Ice Dome (Main Hockey Arena).  The roof is made up of LED lights so they can do many designs and such. One of the things they do that is pretty cool, is they put the flags and score of the teams playing. Last night, following the game the winning score never went up!! Very curious??? Sore losers or did they not want a picture taken with the score up and Putin walking under it??? You decide.

 
I hope you watched Opening Ceremony and continue to watch & enjoy the Olympics. It is still fun! :)  Here are some photos from the past week.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment